Clerk's Duties Include but Aren't Limited to:
The Clerk is elected every four years at the time of the Presidential Election and serves as a voting member of the Township Board which includes but it not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Adopting Township policies
- Adopting Township ordinances
- Approving the budget
- Serving on assigned committees
The Clerk Administers all elections in Blair Township. The Clerk plans, organizes, and oversees election activities including but not limited to:
- Processing of absentee ballots
- Preparing voting devices, ballot cans, etc.
- Supplying precincts with necessary supplies for election day
- Proofing ballots
- Training Election Inspectors
- Issuing, validating, and certifying petitions for local candidates and issues
- Relocation of precinct boundaries
The Clerk maintains the voter registration files, which includes but is not limited to:
- Registering new voters
- Making address/name changes to current voters
- Canceling voters when they move or become deceased
- Issuing voter ID cards to all voters
- Maintaining Voter Master Cards with signatures of all registered voters
- Updating voter history for all voters after each election
The Clerk is the offical custodian of Township records, books and documents such as oaths, bonds, ordinances, and resolutions. The Clerk is also responsible for the producing and keeping of minutes for the Township Board of Trustees meetings.
The Clerk's Office maintains records in accordance with the State of Michigan Record Retention Schedule. The Clerk's Office also publishes and posts legal notices.
Under State Statute the Clerk is responsible for keeping a record of the expenditures made for the Township. The Clerks office processes accounts payable, payroll, and general ledger.
Office Hours: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Tuesday - Friday
The Clerk’s Office will be open Saturday, May 4, 2019 from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm and again on Monday, May 6 from 9:00am until 4:00pm for the purpose of registering voters and issuing absentee ballots for the May 7, 2019 Special Election.